Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Snow Supplies: Books! Flashback to early reading experience.

Another snow storm predicted for tomorrow. I am stocking up again. Although I have several books that I am working on I needed to prepare for some book club discussions coming up in the next few weeks. Since I will be stuck inside for at least tomorrow I made a run to the store. How many of you stock up on books before a snowstorm?

I have added another Charlaine Harris book to my group: A Bone to Pick. I enjoy a good cozy mystery when the weather is bad, and well there really isn't a bad time for one. I have also added Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart. This is also a first for me. We are discussing her books in a mystery bookclub in March so I need to read one of her books. This sounded interesting. And finally I have added another classic mystery book: Lord of the Far Island by Victoria Holt. My mother used to read her gothic romances.

Mystery was one of the earliest genres that I read as a child. Starting with the Bobbsey Twins, Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, and Trixie Belden and working my way through Agatha Christie and Ellery Queen in Junior High.

What mysteries have you been reading? Do you like cozy mysteries, suspense, romance mysteries, or thrillers?

4 comments:

bookmagic said...

I loved Nancy Drew but especially Trixie Belden. I have read many of Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse books but none of her others. I would love a snowstorm to keep me home from work! Enjoy your day

bookmagic said...

Also, I love cozy mysteries and have started reviewing one every Saturday

Deb said...

I may join you on cozy Saturday. I was thinking of doing something special for Wednesday-Hump Day.

bookmagic said...

Speaking of snow, looks like I might get hit with a least a foot. I really should watch the news.
I'd love to have you join me for Cozy Mystery Saturday!