Friday, February 26, 2010

Books that move us.

There are some books that hit you in the face. They allow you to view the world or at least some part of it in a new way. Some books take your mind off the world, and others make you think and send you seeking out another book that deepens the theme or idea., or understanding of the book. An example for me was The Historian that drove me to reread Dracula. I had to put it down, read Dracula and then pick it up again. It was a wonderful journey that helped me to get through a book (Dracule) that I had struggled with earlier in life. The experience helped me to appreciate both books.

What books do that for you? What books move you to some action? What books lift you up and give you a sense of wonder? What books help define the world for you? What moves you?

No comments: