Monday, May 17, 2010

It's Monday! What are you reading?

 
 
Two weeks ago I was reading:
1. Breakup: Enduring Divorce by Leo Averbach
2. Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris (ebook on Nook)
3. Dancing with Jou Jou by Barbara Louise Leiding

I finished Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris
Due to the loss of a dear friend I have not finished Breakup or Dancing with Jou-Jou. I will be working on those as well as a book just for leisure.















My leisure book is The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble

Synopsis

A bestseller in the UK, THE READING GROUP is about a group of women who meet regularly to read and discuss books, and how their lives become intertwined, both with the books they read and with each other's lives.
What starts out as a good idea born from a glass of wine and the need to socialize, turns into much more. Over the span of a year, Clare, Harriet, Nicole, Polly and Susan -- five women of different ages, backgrounds and contrasting dilemmas -- transform themselves through the shared community of a book group.
Their reading group becomes a forum for each of the women's views, expressed initially by the book they're reading and increasingly openly as the bonds of friendship cement. As the months pass, these women's lives become more and more intertwined.
In the THE READING GROUP, Nobel reveals the many complicated paths in life we all face as well as the power and importance of friendship.


I have had this book for a while but haven't had a chance to pick it up until now. Yesterday I spent the day at a festival with some family and friends for my birthday. It was lovely and I came home exhausted. 

Have a great reading week!



6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I am having a very slow May. I have managed to finish only two books and crawling on the third!


Mondays: Mailbox/Whereabouts/Musings

E.J. Stevens said...

It's Monday!

My What are you reading? is here.

Happy Monday. :)

xx,
E.J.

p.s. I'm now following!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I enjoyed The Reading Group very much. I hope you do too. Happy belated birthday - sounds like you had a good time :D

Anna Marie said...

I see your are reading the Harris book on your nook. I just purchased a nook about a month ago. Do you like your?

Missy B. said...

Hi Deb:

There is an award for you at my blog:

http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com/2010/05/bodacious-blogging-book-reviewers-award.html

Have a great day!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Sorry to read about your loss. That can shake up anyone's schedule. I want to read that series (other than Sookie) by Charlaine Harris.

I'd like to know how you like your Nook too. :o)
I hope this week goes well for you.
Happy reading.